Weight lifting is a great exercise. However, it can sometimes be painful and can cause you calluses and blisters. In order to prevent this, you can make use of weight lifting gloves. Weight lifting gloves can help you have a more comfortable and enjoyable workout.
Choosing the right weight lifting gloves can be a bit tricky since there are so many options to choose from nowadays. To help ease the trouble of shopping for one, we have listed 5 of the best weight lifting gloves in the market.
Weight Lifting Gloves Comparison Chart
This simple chart will give you an overview of the important details of each brand of weight lifting gloves. You can then compare the advantages and disadvantages of each one and can help you have an idea of which will suit your particular needs.
|Trideer Ultralight Weight Lifting Gym Gloves||Contraband Pink Label 5137 Womens Weight Lifting Gloves w/ Grip-Lock Padding||RIMSports Gym Gloves||iiSPORTMens Weight Lifting Gloves||Nordic Lifting Weight Lifting Gloves|
|Material||Breathable mesh and lightweight microfiber||Breathable mesh and synthetic leather||Leather and spandex||Two layers of genuine leather, terry cloth, and mesh||Leather, breathable mesh|
|Wrist Wraps||Adjustable dual Velcro straps||N/A||N/A||N/A||12″ adjustable wrist wraps|
|Grip||Silica gel palm padding||Silicone rubber beading||No-slip contact padding||N/A||Sturdy leather padding|
|Size||Comes in small, medium, large, XL, and XXL||Comes in extra small, small, medium, and large||Comes in extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large||Comes in small, medium, large, XL, and XXL||Comes in extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large|
|Color||Black and gray||Black, pink, purple, and gray||Black, blue, neon green, gray, pink, red, turquoise, and purple||Black, purple, and turquoise||Black|
|Extra Features||Pull tabs on fingers, machine washable, and reinforced edge stitching||Removal finger tabs||Wide diagonal Velcro latch, palm cushioning||Wear-resistant, anti-skid, double stitching, Velcro wrists, and double padded thenar area||Reinforced stitching|
Best Weight Lifting Gloves Reviews
The chart above is a really helpful guide when comparing the 5 different gloves. However, getting to know more about each of their features can help you decide better on which is the best weight lifting gloves for you.
Below, you will find a detailed review for each weight lifting gloves:
Trideer Ultralight Weight Lifting Gym Gloves: Gloves With The Best Overall Performance
This pair of gloves is made by the company Trideer who are committed to provide the best products and world-class customer support. Not only do they sell weight lifting gloves but they also sell balance boards, exercise balls, and cycling and pull-up gloves.
To know more about their Ultralight Weight Lifting Gym Gloves, here is a list of its features:
- All-purpose gloves – can be used for weightlifting, cycling, cross-training, gym, and other types of exercises
- Silica gel palm padding for excellent grip
- Made from breathable mesh and lightweight microfiber
- Adjustable dual Velcro straps
- Pull tabs on fingers
- Comes in 5 sizes: small, medium, large, XL, and XXL
- Sold as a pair
- Comes in 2 colors: black and gray
- Reinforced edge stitching
- Machine washable
The Trideer Ultralight Weight Lifting Gym Gloves has great features that can truly make working out easier and fun. Here are some qualities that we loved about this pair of gloves:
- Excellent grip
- Great fit
- It has a second strap that lets you adjust it and have a better fit
- Made from soft and comfortable yet sturdy material
- Provides great palm and wrist support
- They are very easy to remove thanks to the pull tabs on the fingers
- Can be used no matter what type of exercise you do
- Affordable price
- Simple yet attractive design
- Very durable
- Does not have a chemical smell and ink smudge that most weight lifting gloves has
- Extremely responsive customer support
Here are some qualities that this pair of weight lifting gloves can still improve on:
- It could use more breathability
- The measurements are a bit inaccurate as the size runs a little small
- Can get a little painful to remove
- The stitching tends to come off a little over time
Contraband Pink Label 5137 Womens Weight Lifting Gloves w/ Grip-Lock Padding: Best Working Out Gloves for the Ladies
Contraband sports have created a line of gloves specially designed for women which is the Contraband Pink Label and Black Label for men. They are constantly trying out new designs and materials, and they take their customer’s feedbacks into account in order to improve their products.
Aside from gloves, they also manufacture knee and elbow sleeves, belts, ankle and wrist cuffs, and lifting straps. Below is a list of the Contraband Pink Label 5137 Womens Weight Lifting Gloves’ features:
- Made from breathable mesh material
- Has removal finger tabs
- Sold as a pair
- Comes in 4 sizes: extra small, small, medium, and large
- Grip-lock padding
- Palm made from synthetic Amara leather and rubber silicone
- Soft and absorbent interior
- Comes in 4 colors: black, pink, purple, and gray
The Contraband Pink Label 5137 Womens Weight Lifting Gloves most certainly has a lot of great qualities. Here is a list of thing we love about this pair of gloves:
- Very comfortable and offers a great fit for women
- The mesh material gives great ventilation
- Beautiful yet elegant design with great color options
- Stays in place and does not slide when lifting weights
- Removing the gloves are easy because of the removal finger tabs
- Accurate sizing chart
- Prevents blisters and calluses from developing
- Great customer service
Every product has its own downsides. Here are some of the qualities that we did not like about these weight lifting gloves:
- The Velcro tabs are a little narrow
- These gloves could use a little bit more padding
- The Velcro has a tendency of coming undone when doing certain exercises where you have to bend your wrists backward
- Not ideal for powerlifting
- No wrist wraps
RIMSports Gym Gloves: Best Leather Gloves for Women
From the brand RIMSports which has been created by a husband and wife duo who are big fitness enthusiasts. They provide different sporting goods, equipment, and gears.
They aim to provide products that can fit anyone with any kind of lifestyle. To know more about their line of gym gloves, here is some of its features:
- Versatile workout gloves
- Made from lightweight yet durable, and breathable material
- Made with no-slip contact padding
- Made from 100% leather and spandex
- Wide diagonal Velcro latch
- Hand washable
- Palm cushioning
- Available in 5 sizes: extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large
- Comes in 8 colors: black, blue, neon green, gray, pink, red, turquoise, and purple
There is no doubt that these weight lifting gloves have great features. Below is a list of attributes that we enjoy about the RIMSports Gym Gloves:
- Can be used in any type of activity that requires protection for your hands such as lifting weights, cycling, rowing, and more
- Great construction and design
- The material it is made from is breathable which can prevent your hands from sweating too much
- A lot of colors to choose from
- Very comfortable to use and offers great padding and grip
- Made from leather which makes the gloves durable and flexible
As awesome as the RIMSports Gym Gloves may be, it is not perfect. Here are some of the gloves’ imperfections:
- The color from the gloves can stain your hands
- The sizing chart is not that accurate
- They are not that easy to remove
iiSPORTMens Weight Lifting Gloves: The Best Leather Gloves for Men
The foreign brand iiSPORT has been around for almost half a decade and produces sporting goods such as clothes, gloves, and knee pads. They aim to provide high quality products at a very low price.
Below you will find a list of features the iiSPORTMens Weight Lifting Gloves has:
- Fingerless gloves
- Made from two layers of genuine leather and terry cloth
- Velcro wrists
- Sold in pairs
- Comes in 3 colors: black, purple, and turquoise
- Breathable mesh design
- Double padded thenar area
- Double stitching for durability
- Available in 5 sizes: small, medium, large, XL, and XXL
The iiSPORTMens Weight Lifting Gloves is really worth buying. Here is a list of features that can convince you to have them in your workout routine:
- Great value for the price
- Very well-rounded gloves – can be used for any activity
- It has an awesome and comfortable fit
- Thin and lightweight
- The material it is made from has great elasticity and provides excellent grip
- The color from the gloves does not stick to the hands unlike most leather gloves
- The wrist straps give great support
- Durable and can last for a long time
- Excellent customer service
Here is a list of the iiSPORTMens Weight Lifting Gloves’ downsides:
- It can be a little hard to remove
- Not suitable for intense workouts
- It is not that breathable
- The grip tends to slip when you sweat
- The stitching on the gloves can be inconsistent
Nordic Lifting Weight Lifting Gloves: Best Unisex Gloves
This pair of weight lifting gloves is from the company Nordic Lifting who are known for selling weightlifting accessories such as gloves, wraps and sleeves. They offer high quality products at a reasonable price.
They also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee for all of their products. To know more about their Weight Lifting Gloves, here is a list of its features:
- Fingerless weight lifting gloves
- 12 in. integrated wrist wraps
- Made from breathable mesh
- Palm is made of leather
- Available in 5 sizes: extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large
- Reinforced stitching
- Strategically placed pads on the palms
The Nordic Lifting Weight Lifting Gloves is an excellent option for those who are looking for a great pair of weight lifting gloves. Below, you will find a list of features that we loved about these gloves:
- Very durable and made to last
- The color from the gloves does not stain the hands
- The long adjustable wraps makes the fit of the gloves better and offers great wrist support
- Gloves can withstand heavy lifting
- Flexible which makes it easier for your hands to move
- Can protect your hands from getting blisters and calluses
- They provide an accurate size chart
- Great customer service
No matter how great a product is, it still has its downfalls. Here is a list of qualities that the Nordic Lifting Weight Lifting Gloves can still improve on:
- Only comes in one color
- The seams could use an improvement as it has a tendency of coming undone
- It is not that breathable and can make your hands sweat especially on hot days
- There is a funny smell that comes from the gloves
If you are looking forward to buying your own pair of weight lifting gloves, here is a guide on how to choose the perfect one for you.
Full finger weight lifting gloves
You must have noticed that all the gloves on our list of best weight lifting gloves are fingerless. This is because fingerless gloves are more suitable when lifting weights since it is more breathable and makes it easier to move your hands.
However, if you have no problems with sweat or you are that type of person who doesn’t tend to sweat a lot, then full finger gloves will fit you perfectly. By using full finger gloves, you will get full protection. This will prevent your fingertips from hurting and getting blisters from weightlifting.
Weight Lifting Gloves Benefits
Wearing weighting gloves is a choice and not necessarily a requirement. What makes people use gloves to assist them with their weightlifting is the number of benefits we can get from them.
One major benefit is that it can improve our grip on the weights. Weightlifting gloves are made with special material that can help us grip better on the weights. Since we tend to sweat a lot whenever we work out, using gloves can protect our hands from slipping as well.
Some people have a towel in hand to wipe the sweat or makes use of chalk to make their grips better. Having those can be inconvenient and can hinder our workout so having gloves can be a better alternative.
Another benefit is that it helps our hands from getting blisters and calluses. Lifting weights over time can cause blisters and calluses.
They can be a real pain and unattractive as well. By using gloves, you can preserve the appearance of your hands and avoid blisters and calluses.
Next benefit is that it provides support to the wrists. Not all gloves offer this feature. But if you do use or want to use one that has wrist support, then you will notice how it can help you lift easier and make your lifting more stable.
It can also prevent you from getting injuries on your wrists. Another benefit is that is helps relieve pressure on your hands.
By increasing the pressure capacity of your hands, you will be able to lift heavier weights compared to bare hands. And one last benefit is that it is much more comfortable to use gloves when lifting weights.
There are tendencies wherein weights can be rough, cold, and uncomfortable to use. With the help of gloves, your hands will be protected.
These are just some benefits that you can get from using weight lifting gloves. Other people may get more benefits from them depending on their needs.
Weight lifting gloves with wrist support
There are a lot of different types of weight lifting gloves. One popular type is those that offer wrist support. Like what was mentioned previously, having wrist support can protect your wrists from getting injuries when lifting heavy weight. It can also make lifting a lot easier and stable.
Ladies weight lifting gloves
As we all know, men and women have different needs and this applies to weight lifting gloves as well. Women’s hands tends to be smaller and more delicate than men’s hands which is why there are gloves specially made for each genders.
No woman would want to have blisters and calluses on their hands which is why it is important to find a pair of gloves that has the perfect fit. The padding of weight lifting gloves is also a significant feature as this helps protect the hands.
Finally, women tend to choose stylish gloves to suit their taste which is why there are many brands nowadays that offers a lot of color options.
Weight Lifting Gloves FAQ
If you desire more information about weight lifting gloves, here are the answers to frequently askes questions:
What size weight lifting gloves do Ineed?
Unarguably the most important thing when buying a pair of weight lifting gloves is its fit. Its fit should be as close to perfect as possible – not too snug so you can still have room to move your hands and not too loose as this can give you blisters.
Each brand selling weight lifting gloves provide their own sizing charts as a basis for the measurement of their unique gloves. If you are small in a certain brand does not mean that you measure small in all other brands.
To measure your hands, take a tape measure and wrap it around the knuckles of your hands excluding your thumb. Record the number in inches and use that as your basis when shopping for weight lifting gloves.
Do weight lifting gloves prevent calluses?
Yes, it does. It is actually one of the main benefits in using weight lifting gloves. However, there may be instances where you can still get calluses when using weight lifting gloves and that is when the gloves you are using does not have enough padding or if it does not fit you well.
Make sure that your gloves have the right fit in order to prevent developing calluses on your hands.
How to choose weight lifting gloves?
Choosing the right weight lifting gloves depends on the needs of each person. You have to understand and be aware of different factors like what is the measurement of your hand, what type of workout you do, and whether you want wrist support or not.
Every glove has unique features that you should take into account when shopping for weight lifting gloves. Just make sure to explore your options and keep an open mind when doing so.
How to use weight lifting gloves with straps?
Having a pair of weight lifting gloves that has straps are not that complicated to use. Since the straps comes with the gloves, it is easy to adjust it according to your liking. Just wrap it to a fit that you feel that is comfortable and is not too snug nor loose.
How to wash weight lifting gloves?
The way to wash weight lifting gloves would have to depend on the brand. When you purchase one, you will be receiving special instructions on how to wash your gloves the right way especially before your first use.
Some would instruct to soak them overnight. Although most brands instructs to hand wash the gloves, there are still some that are machine washable.
Weight lifting is an enjoyable and rewarding exercise. It can help tone your muscles and make you stronger. However, lifting heavy weights over time can cause a lot of pain, blisters, and calluses which is why it is helpful that you use weight lifting gloves.
Each person has their specific needs which is why it is important that you know what they are so that you will be able to choose the perfect pair of weight lifting gloves.