More and more people are beginning to see the importance of staying fit and healthy. Maintaining and sticking to a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables, lean meat and fish, good fats and nuts seems to be helping but is never enough especially if we need to lose some stubborn fats and tone those muscles.
Other options include walking, jogging, and swimming. It seems there is no more excuse to be unhealthy, overweight, and obese. If we only follow this simple rule to live our lives toward a thinner and healthier you: Healthy diet and exercise. All it takes is determination, motivation, and persistency in doing it.
Some people also enroll themselves to a gym for a complete body workout. It helps that there is a gym instructor who can guide you in your exercise program, making sure you achieve your goal and be consistent in your execution of various routine. He can set your target and how you can achieve them. He will also see to it that you execute your exercise routine properly.
It would also be a great help if you can have a gym buddy or a friend to motivate you to be consistent and persistent in going to the gym to exercise. Admit it, there are days when you are too lazy to get up from bed to go to the gym and having a gym buddy will push you not to miss a session. Having the right outfit also helps to not only make you look good while at the gym, but it will also make sure that you are safe and convenient in wearing them.
Take the case of the shoes we wear to the gym. We can’t wear just any shoes. It has to be proper shoes that will not only enhance our performance but will also make sure that our feet are comfortable and safe. Shopping for a great pair of gym shoes can be a bit complicated considering the many options available in the market. Let us help you ease the burden by recommending our list of the best gym shoes.
Gym Shoes Comparison Chart
Below is an overview of the 5 best gym shoes on our list.
|New Balance Men’s MX608V4 Training Shoe||PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe||Champion Men’s Gusto Cross Trainer||adidas Performance Men’s Speed Trainer 2 Training Shoe||Dream Pairs Men’s 160821-M Athletic Running Shoes Sneakers|
|Material||Leather||Synthetic Leather||Mesh and Fabric||Textile, Synthetic, and Mesh||Mesh|
|Cushioning||EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) for the foot bed and IMEVA (injection-molded EVA foam) for the midsole||EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) for the heels||Memory Foam||EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) for the midsole||Molded EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) for the midsole|
|Available Colors||White/Navy, Black, Brown, White/Royal, Grey, White/Black, Dark Grey/Navy, Navy/White/Black, Navy, Dark Grey, Brown Camo Print, Lead/Blood Sport Red, Dark Brown, and Grey/Yellow||Puma Black/Puma Silver/ Beetroot Purple, Puma White/Fuchsia Purple/Puma Silver, Puma Black/Silver, Puma White/Puma Silver/Electric Green, Puma White/ Fluorescent Peacock, Periscope/ Puma Silver/ Pink Glow, Puma Black/Blue Atoll/Safety Yellow, Puma White/Puma Silver/Shocking Orange||Black, Red/Black, Black/White, Blue/Lime, Navy Orange, Olive, Grey/Black, Grey/Black/Lime, Black/Lime/Grey, Grey/Blue, Maroon/Navy, Slate, and Grey Jersey||Light Onyx Grey/Carbon Metallic/White, Black/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Gold, Black/White/Carbon Metallic, Power Red/White/Tech Grey/Metallic, Collegiate Royal/Carbon Met. White, Black/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Orange, Light Onyx Grey/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Purple, White/Carbon Metallic/Light Onyx, Black/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Royal, White/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Green, Black/Gold Metallic/Gold||Lt. Grey, Navy, Red/Black, Dark Grey/White, Royal/White, Black/White, Black, and White|
Best Gym Shoes
Here are individual reviews for each of the gym shoes listed above:
New Balance Men’s MX608V4 Training Shoe: Value for Money Gym Shoes
Shoe enthusiast or not, one would surely know the brand New Balance. It is one of the most popular brands of shoes ever. They make products that do not only function well but look good too. To know more about the New Balance Men’s MX608V4 Training Shoe, here is a list of its features:
- Made from leather
- Made in the US
- Soles are made from non-marking rubber
- EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) cushioning for the foot bed
- IMEVA (injection-molded EVA foam) cushioning for the midsole
- Internal shank
- Comes in different color combinations: White/Navy, Black, Brown, White/Royal, Grey, White/Black, Dark Grey/Navy, Navy/White/Black, Navy, Dark Grey, Brown Camo Print, Lead/Blood Sport Red, Dark Brown, and Grey/Yellow
Here are the qualities we love about this pair of gym shoes:
- Lightweight which makes it easy to do exercises in
- Very comfortable and it is suitable for everyday use
- Well-made and durable
- Suitable for people with wide feet
- There is enough space in the toe box
- True to size
When there are positives, there are negatives. Here is a list of its cons:
- Could use more foot and arch support
- Not breathable
PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe: Best Gym Shoes for Women
PUMA is another big name in the fitness footwear industry. They have been around for over 65 years and has been producing different products such as bags, clothes, socks, and belts for men, women, and children. To find out what the PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe has to offer, here is a list of its features:
- Made from synthetic leather
- Synthetic soles
- EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) cushion for the heels
- Comes in a variety of color combinations: Puma Black/Puma Silver/ Beetroot Purple, Puma White/Fuchsia Purple/Puma Silver, Puma Black/Silver, Puma White/Puma Silver/Electric Green, Puma White/ Fluorescent Peacock, Periscope/ Puma Silver/ Pink Glow, Puma Black/Blue Atoll/Safety Yellow, Puma White/Puma Silver/Shocking Orange, Puma Black/Puma Silver/Royal Blue, and Puma White/Puma Silver/Knockout Pink
The PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe is definitely a great product that you will sure enjoy using. Here are more qualities that we like about this pair of gym shoes:
- The foam cushioning is very comfortable and has enough padding for support
- Comes in a number of beautiful color combinations
- Has enough toe space
- Can be used for jogging, tennis, lifting, and many more exercises
As great as the PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe is, it still has some downsides:
- The size runs small and they are a bit narrow so it is recommended you buy at least half a size bigger
- Can take a while to break in
Champion Men’s Gusto Cross Trainer: The Most Lightweight Gym Shoes
Next on the list is from one of the pioneers in the sports apparel industry and has been around for almost a century. They have a “C” logo that is very popular especially to the youth. Their products ranges from clothes, footwear, bags, caps, and socks suitable for men, women, and children. To know more about the Champion Men’s Gusto Cross Trainer, below is its features:
- Made from breathable mesh and lightweight fabric
- Rubber soles
- Memory foam cushioning
- Comes in different color combinations: Black, Red/Black, Black/White, Blue/Lime, Navy Orange, Olive, Grey/Black, Grey/Black/Lime, Black/Lime/Grey, Grey/Blue, Maroon/Navy, Slate, and Grey Jersey
This lightweight pair of gym shoes is a must-have for those who loves to run long distances. Here is a list of qualities we like about this product:
- Perfect toe box space
- Very light which makes it easy to do errands and perform exercises
- Runs true to the size
- Comfortable and offers great support thanks to the memory foam cushioning
- High quality yet affordable
- A lot of color combinations to choose from
- Easy to slip on
Every great thing has its downsides. Here is a list of this pair of gym shoes’ cons:
- The memory foam is not that durable
- Can be a little narrow so you may want to considering going half a size up
adidas Performance Men’s Speed Trainer 2 Training Shoe: Best Performing Gym Shoes
Next on our list is from the world renowned brand Adidas. The quality of their products are proven to be one of the best in the market. Not only do they look great, their performance is topnotch as well. The adidas Performance Men’s Speed Trainer 2 Training Shoe is no exception. To find out why, here is a list of its features:
- Made from textile, synthetic, and mesh
- Soles are made from rubber
- Midsole cushion: EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate)
- Different color combinations: Light Onyx Grey/Carbon Metallic/White, Black/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Gold, Black/White/Carbon Metallic, Power Red/White/Tech Grey/Metallic, Collegiate Royal/Carbon Met. White, Black/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Orange, Light Onyx Grey/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Purple, White/Carbon Metallic/Light Onyx, Black/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Royal, White/Carbon Metallic/Collegiate Green, Black/Gold Metallic/Gold Metallic, Collegiate Royal/White/Tech Grey/Metallic, Black/Carbon Metallic/Power Red, Bright Royal/Gold Metallic/Tech Grey/Metallic, White/Carbon Metallic/Clear Onix, Collegiate Navy / Carbon Metallic / Tech Grey / Metallic, Collegiate Royal/Power Red/Tech Grey/Metallic, Collegiate Navy/Carbon Metallic/Tech Grey/Metallic, and Power Red / White / Tech Grey / Metallic
The adidas Performance Men’s Speed Trainer 2 Training Shoe has a lot of positive qualities. Below is a list of its cons:
- Very lightweight and comfortable
- Great color selection
- Has a decent amount of toe space
- Worth the price
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t take a long time to break in
- Very stylish and can be worn casually
- The stripes are reflective which is great if you are a night runner
As great as this pair of gym shoes are, there are still a few things that they can develop and improve on:
- Size runs a little small so you may need to go up at least half a size
- It could use a little bit more padding
Dream Pairs Men’s 160821-M Athletic Running Shoes Sneakers: Cheapest Pair of Gym Shoes
Last on the list is from Dream Pairs. This brand is known to sell very affordable shoes for casual wear, sportswear, and formal wear. Here is a list of features the Dream Pairs Men’s 160821-M Athletic Running Shoes Sneakers has:
- Made from breathable mesh vamp
- Made from flexible rubber soles
- Molded EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) cushioning for the midsole
- Comes in different colors: Lt. Grey, Navy, Red/Black, Dark Grey/White, Royal/White, Black/White, Black, and White
Here is a list of qualities that we really like about the Dream Pairs Men’s 160821-M Athletic Running Shoes Sneakers:
- The design is simple yet elegant
- Extremely cheap
- Very breathable and lightweight
- Sturdy and flexible
- Comfortable and has enough space for your feet and toes
Here are some things Dream Pairs can still improve on:
- It could use more padding
- Not suitable for intense exercises
- There is a squeaking sound when walking on tiles and wood floors
To help you with you gym shoe shopping, we have created guidelines that you can follow or merely base on below.
How to choose shoes for gym
Style over function? Or form over use? Whatever it is you want to wear in going to the gym, make sure it is appropriate, comfortable and safe to use to properly accomplish what you have set to do. Make sure they are well suited to do your gym activities and exercises well. Usually, a good fitting rubber shoes should be enough. Your personal taste as to color, style and form however, should not constrict you from enjoying your time at the gym.
What kind of shoes should I wear to the gym?
Choosing the right gym shoes is not easy. There are a number of things you would need to be aware of in order to find that perfect pair. A quality to look for in a good pair of gym shoes is its durability. Since you will be using them constantly during your workout sessions, you would want something that would last you a long time. Another great quality is its breathability most especially for warm places.
If you do live in a place where the temperature is hot, you may want to opt for shoes that are mad from fabric or mesh. However, if you live in a place where it is cold, a pair of shoes made from leather would be suitable for you. Another great thing to look for is its comfort. Most gym shoes nowadays offers excellent cushion and great foot, arch, and heel support.
What to look for in gym shoes
The most important thing to look for in a pair of gym shoes is its comfort. Since you will be using them whenever you exercise, it would help if you wear something that will not strain and injure your feet. Choose one that has great cushioning and support. Another thing to look for in gym shoes is the price. Buying a good pair doesn’t necessarily buying the most expensive one. There are some out there that has great qualities without the huge price tag. Just be prepared to invest without under or over paying.
Most popular gym shoes
Nike and Adidas are without a doubt the most popular brands of gym shoes in the world. Not only are they being endorsed by famous celebrities, but the quality of their shoes are certainly topnotch. Each of them has a huge variety of different types of shoes such as running, basketball, and even casualwear.
Gym Shoes FAQ
Below are answers to some of the frequently asked questions about gym shoes.
How to stretch gym shoe
New rubber shoes can be a bit tight. What you can do to stretch it is to put crumpled paper, stuff them inside the shoes. You can also put plastic balls, metal rod big enough to fit in your shoes. You can also try to wear them while inside the house while doing your usual routine, walking around the house in them. In time, the shoes should be snug enough to fit.
How long do gym shoes last?
Rubber shoes should have a life span of at least a year or two of active use. After which, you need to replace them. The wear and tear of rubber shoes is so that we need to replace them to ensure their peak performance as well as to ensure our safety and comfort which is so vital to our health.
What are gym shoes?
Gym shoes are footwear that conforms to the requirements needed for comfortable and safe use in gym. They should allow the feet to be able to move around and not feel constricted. They should protect the feet from falling objects on your toes or any sharp objects.
How to wash gym shoes
Gym shoes should be washed every so often when they get soiled or stinky. One way is to do it manually with warm soap, brush and water. Scrub the outside as well as the sole where the dirt tends to accumulate. Hang up to dry. You can also wash it in a washing machine. Just follow washing instruction as directed.
What are gym shoes made of?
The most common material used to making a gym shoes’ soles are rubber. Rubber is a great material because it is flexible which allows the user to move around easily and be able to perform different exercises. As for the upper part, they are usually made from leather. What makes leather great is that it is durable and will make a pair of gym shoes last a long time.
However, leather is not a very breathable and lightweight material. A great alternative for this is by using mesh fabric. Using mesh has become popular over the years because it makes running and exercising easier. As for the cushion, they are usually made from what they call EVA or Ethyl Vinyl Acetate.
Finding your perfect pair of shoes to wear to the gym should not be a problem. Just remember what you want to achieve in the first place. You should want a pair that is comfortable enough to do your exercises and routine. It should not constrict your movement and should not cause your feet to get sore and bunions.
It should provide safety. It should protect your feet from any sharp objects or falling objects. It should also make you feel good by conforming to. Your personal taste in terms of color, design and form. It is important to wear proper exercise apparel in order to make our gym experience enjoyable, rewarding and fun.